Today when I logged into Facebook, I was greeted with the following message in my status bar: How are you feeling, Jake? The short answer is: I’m feeling a little uncomfortable, baby. Because I’m not used to my social media site talking to me like a girlfriend who believes I’m... Read More
Donate to JSRC
Japan Subculture Research Center is an independent website with original reporting on all aspects of Japanese society. If you enjoy the website and support investigative journalism, please donate a little of your spare yen (or dollars) to our efforts. Thank you! よろしくお願いします
- Snake Venom, Bee Toxin, Horse Oil, Snail Slime: Saving Face in Japan is Icky Fun
- Celebrate Japanese Cinema Day: 映画の日！ Ninja! Yakuza! Cyborgs! Reviews!
- Some parting words from Yakuza movie icon Takakura Ken on yakuza films, his favourite movies, and acting
- Let’s Convenience Store! The Musical: コンビニへ行こう！
- Aliens Versus Yakuza: 宇宙人対極道: A Masterpiece Of Bad Genre Films