Do not swallow the red hot iron ball, and then cry, “I am in great pain!” –Buddhist proverb Habanero Kimchi Potato Chips. Sweet, spicy, and loaded with things you don't want to really know about. Probably. Tohato, a snack maker, was the first Japanese company to successfully combine habanero peppers and potatoes into a delicious and spicy potato chip several years ago. What is a habenero? If jalapeño peppers were Bruce Banner,... Read More
Donate to JSRC
Japan Subculture Research Center is an independent website with original reporting on all aspects of Japanese society. If you enjoy the website and support investigative journalism, please donate a little of your spare yen (or dollars) to our efforts. Thank you! よろしくお願いします
- Doglegs disabled pro-wrestling: The fight club that wants you to stare
- The Incomplete Transsexual—a photo essay from Sanya
- Combatting human trafficking: 1st Winner of Michiel Brandt Memorial Prize Announced
- Japan Lax Nuclear Security Could Make It The Land Of The Melting Sun
- Daily Prophet Flash: DanRad gets Press Pass for Tokyo Vice; The Last Yakuza to be published in 2014
- http://evanescentdress41.skyrock.com on Japanese Tattoo Master: “The carving is one’s personal symbol..”
- http://amaraterra.blogspot.com on Yakuza Group Structure
- Sublight on The 10 Worst Films About Japan*: You Might Only Live Twice But Are These Movies Worth Seeing Once?
- Nasser on Prostitution isn't just for Professionals anymore! How to find a high-paying job in Japan's Sex Industry.
- website on Combatting human trafficking: 1st Winner of Michiel Brandt Memorial Prize Announced