Today when I logged into Facebook, I was greeted with the following message in my status bar: How are you feeling, Jake? The short answer is: I’m feeling a little uncomfortable, baby. Because I’m not used to my social media site talking to me like a girlfriend who believes I’m a mental case. The opening salvo also seems like a psychotherapist checking in, a little warily, just see if I’m going to hold it together. This... Read More
Donate to JSRC
Japan Subculture Research Center is an independent website with original reporting on all aspects of Japanese society. If you enjoy the website and support investigative journalism, please donate a little of your spare yen (or dollars) to our efforts. Thank you! よろしくお願いします
- Should Fuji-Sankei Group be red-faced over scheduled blackface music program in Japan?
- Shape Up, Face Up: Testing out latest weird Japanese face toning barbell
- Brand Japan, Brand Abe: A Clash of Narratives
- “The Only Woman in the Room”/ How The Amazing Beate Wrote Equal Rights For Women Into Japan’s Constitution
- The Clear Skies Of Winter Tokyo Are Gorgeous.
- What We Wear About When We Think About Clothes: Musings on Japanese Fashion on
- Tokyo Vice: The book on
- Brand Japan, Brand Abe: A Clash of Narratives on
- Japan’s State Secrets Laws Empowers The Elite and Muzzles The Press: FOP RIP 12/10/2014 on
- Understand Abe & his right wing crew, but focus on Japan. “You’re talking to the wrong people” on