Today when I logged into Facebook, I was greeted with the following message in my status bar: How are you feeling, Jake? The short answer is: I’m feeling a little uncomfortable, baby. Because I’m not used to my social media site talking to me like a girlfriend who believes I’m a mental case. The opening salvo also seems like a psychotherapist checking in, a little warily, just see if I’m going to hold it together. This... Read More
Donate to JSRC
Japan Subculture Research Center is an independent website with original reporting on all aspects of Japanese society. If you enjoy the website and support investigative journalism, please donate a little of your spare yen (or dollars) to our efforts. Thank you! よろしくお願いします
- Shukan Bunshun to release audio of Yamatani interview
- Japan’s Female Police Commissioner worked with racist & sexist newspaper?
- Ray Bradbury, Journalism & Mr. Dark. “You can’t act if you don’t know.”
- Saying Goodbye to The Buddha Of The Yakuza （極道の仏にお別れ）
- Autumn Equinox (秋分の日): Honor your ancestors, remember the departed