I just finished re-reading Tim Weiner’s magnum opus, Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA ,which is perhaps the best book ever written on the Central Intelligence Agency, and its general history of dismal failures. On the eve of the LDP’s retaking of power, December 16th 2012, I thought it might be interesting to take a look back at the LDP and how they came into being in the first place. It’s like a story out of a John Le Carre... Read More
Donate to JSRC
Japan Subculture Research Center is an independent website with original reporting on all aspects of Japanese society. If you enjoy the website and support investigative journalism, please donate a little of your spare yen (or dollars) to our efforts. Thank you! よろしくお願いします
- The Cherry Blossoms are coming. Time to Go Out On the Town In A Modern Kimono!
- Make It A Swinging Sunday Night: Pole Dance Tokyo Student Showcase
- Japan Comes Up With New Deadly Way To Overcome Drug Addiction?
- US citizen dies after being taken in to protective custody in February/赤坂警察署の説明が正しい模様
- Japan’s Peace Constitution, Article 9, And Why Abe Wants To Dismantle It: A short primer