I just finished re-reading Tim Weiner’s magnum opus, Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA ,which is perhaps the best book ever written on the Central Intelligence Agency, and its general history of dismal failures. On the eve of the LDP’s retaking of power, December 16th 2012, I thought it might be interesting to take a look back at the LDP and how they came into being in the first place. It’s like a story out of a John Le Carre... Read More
Donate to JSRC
Japan Subculture Research Center is an independent website with original reporting on all aspects of Japanese society. If you enjoy the website and support investigative journalism, please donate a little of your spare yen (or dollars) to our efforts. Thank you! よろしくお願いします
- Shukan Bunshun to release audio of Yamatani interview
- Japan’s Female Police Commissioner worked with racist & sexist newspaper?
- Ray Bradbury, Journalism & Mr. Dark. “You can’t act if you don’t know.”
- Saying Goodbye to The Buddha Of The Yakuza （極道の仏にお別れ）
- Autumn Equinox (秋分の日): Honor your ancestors, remember the departed