I just finished re-reading Tim Weiner’s magnum opus, Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA ,which is perhaps the best book ever written on the Central Intelligence Agency, and its general history of dismal failures. On the eve of the LDP’s retaking of power, December 16th 2012, I thought it might be interesting to take a look back at the LDP and how they came into being in the first place. It’s like a story out of a John Le Carre... Read More
Donate to JSRC
Japan Subculture Research Center is an independent website with original reporting on all aspects of Japanese society. If you enjoy the website and support investigative journalism, please donate a little of your spare yen (or dollars) to our efforts. Thank you! よろしくお願いします
- Shelly on Ninkyodo, dude! Even The Yakuza Are Speaking English Now
- Idomeneus Cretan on Los Angeles Times : Four Japanese gang figures received livers at UCLA
- Melissa on Prostitution isn't just for Professionals anymore! How to find a high-paying job in Japan's Sex Industry.
- subcultureist on Your red dress is waiting. love and leukemia and coming home
- subcultureist on NHK apologizes for asking tough questions