In that statement that we need to study history and his pointing out that Abe had not read or understood the Potsdam Declaration, Murayama seemed to be saying to his successor, “Those who don’t study history are doomed to repeat it. And if you knew your history, you’d make a proper apology. Get smart or shut up.” In many ways, the press conference was like a wise, cranky old teacher scolding a lazy student. However, will the lazy student listen?
Donate to JSRC
Japan Subculture Research Center is an independent website with original reporting on all aspects of Japanese society. If you enjoy the website and support investigative journalism, please donate a little of your spare yen (or dollars) to our efforts. Thank you! よろしくお願いします
- Catch the Earliest Cherry Blossoms in “Flowers by Naked”
- ZEPPIN(絶品) #3/WACHOSHOKU(和朝食) Japanese Breakfast Rules!
- Samurai Fashion in New York City Until March 25th 2017
- “The Crusher Boss” by Ichiyo Matsuzaki/Reviewed by Kaori Shoji
- Zeppin(絶品) #2/The Eyeglass Frames Of Sabae. Looking ahead to a better Japan?